Tuesday, June 23, 2015

iGIVE, do you?

I've been thinking of ways to make this blog more interesting. Nobody really wants to hear me ramble on about what me and Maxwell did during our latest rides. The only thing that I could come up with is to start adding some reviews of products that I have purchased and used, some hints, tricks and tips I have come across...things of that nature. We'll see how it goes, but I do have a couple of neat tricks and products up my sleeves. Most of the time I figure out whether or not I want something by looking up reviews not only from sites that I purchase from, but places like blogs, because you get a non-biased opinion of items. I sometimes believe that companies edit and or omit negative reviews of products on their websites. 

I made an amazon purchase on Sunday. Typically I go elsewhere for my online shopping, but I've found that the last three times I have purchased from Amazon, not only was shipping extremely fast, but the return policy was amazing as well. But the real kicker? There's a website called iGive which donates small portions of your purchase total to many organizations. There are hundreds and hundreds of providers, some horsey, some not, and many organizations. I chose Thoroughbred Retirement of Tampa Bay (TROT) to be the organization that I wanted my contributions to go to because though Maxwell was not a TROT horse, he lived with TROT horses during his short stay at Silver Race Farm, and it's the least we can do to give back to other OTTBs in need. The best part is that Amazon Smile already donates to TROT, and purchasing through Amazon on iGive gets TROT a double donation! Yippee! I'm not saying you have to use iGive for TROT, but if there is a cause you feel strongly for, take a look at iGive and see if your favorite organization is set up with them. If not, pass along the word! It's free money for organizations who need it the most! Anyhow, I made a purchase this past weekend, a new helmet (FINALLY!) and a new bit for Max. I'm not going to review the bit because a bit is a bit is a bit...everyone has their opinion about bits, and I ordered the one I did on the recommendation of my trainer.  Anyhow, I will probably come on here and gush (or vent!) about the helmet though. It's been TWELVE, count em' 12 years since I purchased a new helmet. To say I was due is an understatement. So look out for that. I think I will throw in reviews of other products that I've already ordered or been using along the way, as well. 

If anyone has any suggestions or questions about products, please, comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment