Thursday, May 21, 2015

Food Food and more Food

After having a long conversation with someone I trust and respect greatly in the OTTB world (his Auntie Summer, who brought him to her home after the track before he came to me!), it looks like Baby Maxwell will be taken on a new journey in the nutrition world. I'll give more details as they become available but essentially he will be grain free for at least the trial period. I like the sounds of this. His loose manure has not subsided, so an irritation in the gut is really the only answer. He will be having a fecal and some blood done during his dental in the beginning of June, just to be safe, but it seems this is just a gut issue, as it is with most OTTBs. Stay tuned! I will be getting more active on the blog documenting his workouts, his progress, and his feeding regiments as we do this trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment