Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Feet

Baby Maxwell finally got to see the farrier this week. It was less than desired news, but the farrier said overall he would NOT classify Max's feet as horrible. They will just require some diligence and care to become their best. We have to remember, two months ago he had been in shoes for almost his whole life.

The farrier diagnosed him with mild white line disease and the RX is to treat with White Lightning Gel and keep the feet as clean as can be. I've decided to share some pictures so others can see what we're dealing with. I have high hopes, but as of yesterday, Baby Max is back to foot sore, so no further training or riding until he feels better. I'm hoping that tenderness subsides sooner rather than later. I have also started him on Actiflex 4000, the same joint supplement that I had Bella on. Thank GOD he ate it. It's liquid, and he has a thing against liquids. But this one smells deliciously like Pina Colada.


Left Front


Left Hind


Right Front


Right Hind
Right Front Head on--Showing the seedy toe (WLD) that is the most severe of the feet

Right now, I'm waiting for his White Lightning Gel to come in. It should arrive Friday. In the mean time, I've been cleaning the feet and treating them with Banixx spray and Absorbine's Hooflex Thrush Remedy (bottle directions indicate it is effective against WLD) so that I can at least start treating it while the 'big guns' arrive in the mail.  These were things I already had at my disposal and I couldn't just sit back and not do something in the mean time.


I'm hoping to have a better update after seeing him tonight and tomorrow. Praying his footsore-ness doesn't last but a few days as he adjusts to his shortened feet. The farrier removed a lot of old water damaged/WLD toe to get ahead of the infection. He is NOT concerned and is confident the White Lightning Gel will kick it out quickly. 


Baby Maxwell was amused with all the attention his feeties got yesterday






No comments:

Post a Comment