Thursday, February 25, 2016

A day with the girls

While I try to plan out some more 'interesting' posts outlining products, things I've found to be helpful, or whatever else I end up blabbing on and on about....I thought I'd leave another post about "what's been going on lately" with some photos as well!!!!

Not this past weekend, but the one prior, I had the amazing pleasure of riding Bella (yes, the wonder pony, the dappled buckskin queen) AND a beautiful baby filly fresh off the track. It was an amazing day. It's been several months since the last time I rode Bella, and even then I just took her on a quick spin around the arena. This time I actually spent some time riding her and while some of the same antics were present (she IS the queen after all, and has to make sure her rider knows....) I was SO very happy, almost crying on the inside, to see the amazing work Summer has done with her at the trot. Gone is that snappy pony that is always in a hurry to trot everywhere. I love that little pony so very much. It just made me feel so complete to get back on her yet again. She's quite special.




I mean seriously, stop it. Are we not the cutest? Not to mention I squished myself into a 15 or 16" pony saddle. Gosh I miss her. I'll be out again soon to take her for another spin. That special pony has quite the magnetic pull...


As for the fresh off the track filly...Summer lunged her for maybe, MAYBE 3 minutes before getting on her for the first ever time, post track life. The filly couldn't even throw up a buck or play on the line. She was all business and cool, calm and collected from the get-go. This little girl quickly stole my heart with her photos, and meeting her made it VERY hard not to bring her home. She's going to make someone a phenomenal mount, and I don't see them having a very difficult time bringing her along with her can-do, relaxed attitude about it all. At the very tender age of barely 4! It would be really fun to see her go to a RRP situation. I think she could do it! Anyways, I need to stop gushing about her, because I'm sure if I get to hang out with her again before she does sell, It's going to be a sad day when it happens!!!!


She's seriously beautiful. Her name is Royal Lady. And she sure looks like Royalty to me! If anyone in Florida is reading this blog (or elsewhere and willing to ship) this filly is available to an outstanding home, and again, she's RRP eligible! Someone snatch her up so I don't get any more temptations to do so myself!!!!!


It's days like the one I'm writing about that really make me realize what is most important to me. A great friend, great mares, and of course my Maxwell. I had ridden him first thing in the morning before heading over to spend some time with Summer and these two lovely ladies. I can't wait to get over there and do it again.


And, to add on to the last post with the video of Maxwell working his hiny off, I've got a couple of still shots from the video (so excuse the quality). I just love to admire the horse that Maxwell is becoming, one ride at a time.









No comments:

Post a Comment